Questions and Answers Regarding Escrow Accounts Whether you are purchasing a new home or you are considering applying to refinance your home, chances are the lender will require an escrow account.
Tips For Making Moving Day Easier
Using your truck will make the move much easier, as you shuttle belongings - both large and small - from your old home into your new abode. Be sure your truck is equipped to handle the big move by scheduling a tune-up the week before and checking that all accessories like elastic cords are handy for use. Also consider purchasing a truck bed cover to help make your move easier by securing and protecting your belongings while they are in transit to your new home. Made of heavy-duty, double coated vinyl, the ACCESS truck bed cover installs quickly and easily with a clamp-on installation and is designed specifically to fit your truck.
Put the following tips to good use in organizing your move, and be sure to reward your helpers for all the hard work they do when the day is done with a fun dinner out or a gift certificate for a favorite store.
* Secure parking - If your new home is on a busy city street or part of a large condominium complex, you will want to reserve parking for your truck ahead of time. Contact the association or the city and register for a parking permit to block off space in front of your new home for your moving day.
* Divide and conquer - Give your helpers tasks they can do unassisted. Have one helper monitor the loading of your truck with boxes, making sure each is marked with its correlating final room destination. Another helper can be based at the new home, making certain all belongings end up in the proper rooms. If you have additional help, assign them the tasks of unpacking boxes - like kitchen dishes. Put sticky notes on the cupboards where you want dishes to be located to make this task easier. Having your helpers assigned to specific jobs allows you to handle any last-minute packing, or other jobs only you can handle.
* Keep your belongings secure en route - Whether you’re stopping overnight and leaving your truck parked in a hotel lot, or pausing for gas, leaving items open to view in the bed is an invitation for theft. A locking truck cover, like the ACCESS truck bed cover, allows you to shield the bed contents from the elements and the eyes of thieves.
* Provide nourishment - Keep plenty of food and water available at both homes to provide fuel and nourishment for all workers. Also encourage short breaks to help keep energy levels going strong throughout the entire day.
* Encourage communications - Provide your helpers with cellphone numbers or two-way radios for a quick way to communicate during the day. Keeping communications open allows for a quicker moving process, and also helps to prevent any confusion on where belongings will go once they arrive at the new house.
* Keep children and pets occupied - Having pets or small children around can distract your helpers, and potentially make it dangerous for everyone involved in the moving process. Consider hiring a babysitter or pet-sitter for the day, or ask a family member to watch over them during the moving process in lieu of helping you out with the move.
Most importantly, keep calm during the chaos of moving day. Your calm demeanor will influence your helpers to stay relaxed, which encourages everyone to move more efficiently and safely. And just know, at the end of the day, while you may still have belongings in boxes, you’re in your new home and ready for future adventures to begin.
Latest Blog Posts
What’s Ahead For Mortgage Rates This Week – February 20th, 2018 Last week’s weeks economic releases included readings on the NAHB Housing Market Index, housing starts and building permits
Why Should One Consider Refinancing Their Mortgage Now? Refinancing a mortgage is a golden opportunity to lock in today’s low interest rate for the next 15 or 30 years. While interest rates now